Monday, November 26, 2007

A view from the Thailand LPUers

Here's some LPU ranting I found on MySpace by two Thailand LPU members. These posts were given as a reply to Mike's MySpace blog post about Thailand.

Outlaw Serenade:
Yeah well, may be humbling still when you see a decrease of thai/general SEA LPU membership in the years to come. Your Thai LPUers just got SHITTED out of the M&G. 40 people out of ONLY 67? Come on! These kids waited more than FOUR fucking years to meet you people and some ignorant who "can name the bandmembers" out of a contest will be picked to meet you instead? Tell your LPU staff: Great IGNORAMUS jobs. These kids are among those who keeps LPU going.

Keep it up. Next following years, you may not need to even bother to come to SEA countries anymore.

Later she wrote on the LPU:
Right, new development. Turned out that I was reading ammie's text wrong. it wasn't 40 out of 67 who *got* the M&G, it was 40 out of 67 who got *left out* along with ammie. A thai kid wrote this in the blog:

Quote:
About the m&g, It's not 40. It just not over 20 members who joined that (From 67 members requested). After the members who wore LPU's t-shirt and gave you some gift, there's not real LPU. It's just VIP from the promotor and sponsor. This is the second time that promotor do this to us. So, please help your Thailand LPU members. TT__TT
Awesome shit. I prolly won't be as pissed if there were like, 200 applicants and up to 100 got picked. But less than 30? With some bullshit reason of "being new"? Wow. My 12-year-old nephew could come up with a better lie than that.

Sir Mushroom:
I was going to laugh and joke something up until I read what outlaw serenade wrote about the Thai meet and greet. 40 LPUers out of just 67 ones? How the fuck could that happen? I don't wanna believe that. Honestly, that makes me feel so horrible. I hate to complain, but this is unbearable. You should do something about this, man, because in this year alone, so many LP fans feel like they're ripped off by their favorite band. Don't say something like 'We don't know about this, it's the label/the staff's business' because ignorance is just as bad as being assholes. I know you guys have tried your best, but out there those kids are devoting their lives for you. Does that make you think about what you've done to them?
I don't blame you on anything, Mike. But you seem like the only one that's still listening to us and have connection with us. We're helpless here if you don't make a change. I hope you can hear our tiny tiny tiny voice and actually do something.
(I can't put myself up to kudos for anything... this is so... bullshit..)

MadamChu from the LPU had this to offer:

Ok.. here I come.

I don't know exactly number of LPUer that got chosen for M&G at Bangkok show but the namelist that the staff at Ticket Booth held in her hand has 40 people in total. So I assumed that is the LPUer namelist, in fact it was not!

What I have heard from other LPUer after M&G is that there were some STRANGERs that got LPU M&G sign on their wrists. What does it mean? While many LPUer were left behind with ignorance, the strangers got to meet the guys. Is this fair?

I'm an LPU, LPST, FMM, FMST and I do my best to promote the guys in every way I could with my heart and respect. I'm so disappointed for real.

No comments: