Thursday, November 29, 2007

Today's Thoughts

Devilcus74
I most likely will either not renew or use the online only option this year. I just really do not like the shirt design this year and the CD is awful. I have so many live LP tracks on my iPod already, I don't need anymore. And seriously, I really think the shoe laces are stupid. It seems to send the message that the LPU is for children (or that they're just rapidly becoming more stingy each year and want to throw in cheap items while raising costs). Hopefully LPU 8 will be better. I've been a member since 3.0, and this is honestly the only time I've really been dissatisfied with the package. I mean even 3.0 was okay for me because I was just happy to get anything (plus I was upset I couldn't listen to those songs from LIT on the CD). On a side note, it seems like many of the people who are saying "Stop bitching, support LP always, etc." are the ones that only signed up for the LPU in the last year or so. I have a feeling that if most of these people had been here for 1.0 and 2.0 they would understand why some of the longtime members are pissed off. I can't claim to be one of those members since I missed out on 1.0 and 2.0, but having been here for a significant amount of time, I too feel that annoyance. I agree with the person who said it seems like LP never truly came back from their long hiatus; like something about what made them such a cool, personable band isn't there anymore. It's sad in a way. Every year I've looked forward to renewing as soon as I had money. It's hard to believe I won't be this time.

No comments: