Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SpringFlower

SpringFlower posted a great post on the LPU, check this out:

SpringFlower
Your blog is giving me a headache lol. Really almost physically hurts to see all the shit that is happening here written down in one place.

Thanks a lot for doing it though. It is really time those things were pointed out even though I have little hope anything will change. If the band doesn't seem to even put any effort in the package anymore why should they care about the problems of the LPU overall. Not that I blame them personally, they have busy schedules but I think they should care about how things are run and their hardcore and long term fans are treated.

Of course things change through time and to expect the LPU always to stay as amazing as it was in year one and two would have been naive. Although back then I thought the LPU becoming bigger and swamped with people who aren't even true fans or just sign up for the wrong reasons would be a problem. Not the LPU itself treating their customers like shit.

So far I've been lucky. I've always gotten into the meet and greets I wanted (except for London but there are just too many LPUers). I won't apply anymore though because in the three m&gs I've got everything out of being rushed by them like cattle. No complaints here, I knew what I signed up for. I just think it's a pity that they don't make smaller and more intimate m&gs. But that is just my personal opinion. And I know LP's opinions seems to be different and that's alright.

But I never got my LPU5 newsletter. Nor do I know anybody in Europe who got theirs. And I do find it a bit odd that nobody seems to care or want to know why thousands of newsletters went missing. Yet they still seem to have them in HQ so they now send out 2-3 to everybody who gets to complain about it. Which is little I suppose as a lot of people probably don't even know how to complain about it or that they were supposed to get a newsletter at all. I know people say it's their own fault when they don't complain or call to the US or whatever. But still all those people paid for their newsletters so I find it a bit disturbing they are not getting what they paid for and nobody seems to notice/care.

Why not get rid of LPU support-tickets completely when one knows they will never be answered and people won't get help that way? I get that the LPU doesn't have enough staff but to take months/years to help people out? I wonder when my ticket about my newsletter from months ago will be answered.

Why not just be honest with people? I guess that is what irritates people the most. Just honestly say that LP itself are too busy to put much effort into the fan club anymore and that the LPU is so understaffed they can't guarantee all the service they offer anymore. Then people will know what they'll sign up for lol.

I'm not saying everything is shit. The presales always worked for me. I'm enjoying LPUTV a lot and I've met some amazing people here. LP and the LPU just meant/means so much to me it is such a pity it is going downhill like that.

No comments: